Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Welcome to touchdown city..err, household

Alright. Seriously. I don't care how many universities I attend, when it comes to American football I will forever be a Mountaineer. As today's Gator Bowl extravaganza proved, something happened to me in my teens and early 20s that cannot be changed. I live and breath WVU Mountaineer football. I scream. I cheer. I expell gutteral profanities. That won't change. Thank god my parents are Amerifooty fans as well, so they understand and don't judge me as I indoctrinate my baby sister into the wonderful world of College football. Lauren and I screamed, cheered, drank (beer for me, milk for her ;) ) and proudly displayed our gamefaces throughout the nailbiting experience of today's bowl game. We laughed when Mozes fell on his face in a determined comittment to the "sleeper play"and tandemly fell in love with Schmitt for his steadfast rushing. Brilliant game today. Mountaineers today, tomorrow and forever!!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! Preach on sister... I was there with you and every Mountaineer fan - I almost lost my voice... and Tom had to ask me to keep it down lest the neighbors think he was murdering me... Go Mounties!

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Kari said...

In the immortal words of the Beach Boys - you gotta be true to your school!! Glad you had a fantastic New Year's!

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eric and I watched the game from a sports bar in Martinsburg. Quite the nail biter indeed. Wouldn't have it any other way, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home