Sunday, December 10, 2006

The day I became a historian

Today, it finally happened. I stopped having the mentality of a student and became a real honest-to-god historian. I didn't think it would happen until I actually received my DPhil, but I must have done something incredibly right over the last term. As I was writing today I realised that working on my thesis had ceased to be something stressful, or that I needed to do to meet a certain deadline, or to receive a certain degree. All of the baggage that necessarily comes with being a student has been somehow stripped away and what I'm left with is simply an amazing project that provides me with an opportunity to make early modern English history a little bit more "right." Man, I love Oxford. This place rocks.

editor's note: Then again, I currently need to drug myself with a Tylenol PM every night in order to fall asleep, so this newfound zen-like state is all quite relative. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home