Friday, October 27, 2006

My week so far...

So back to posting about life at Oxford. This week has been rather full of both ups and downs, so to keep things simple I'm just going to relate them as they happened:

Sunday - Attended the Spurs v West Ham football match in North London. When I arrived at my seat I was overjoyed that it was in the very first row behind the goal in the South end. To make the experience even more amazing, Spurs won the match, and at the end the 'keeper Paul Robinson walked over and applauded the supporters in my general section. Then he stopped almost right in front of me and threw his gloves to the crowd in celebration of the win. I could almost touch him. *dreamy sigh*

Tuesday - My mother's birthday - which always brings a smile to my face.

Wednesday - Another amazing person moved abroad, which was sad for many reasons. I now have a plethora of people who I adore, but all of them live thousands of miles away from me...I'm starting to wonder if this is some kind of karmic payback thing. Still, I got paid on Wednesday, so the day had a faint silver lining.

Thursday - Received news by post that Oxford and my College will once again not be offering any funding assistance to me this year. I'm extremely bummed about this as it causes more than a bit of concern about my financial situation this coming Spring. Then right before I went to bed I received an email from Colleen letting me know that her puppy Sunshine had passed away. I became close with Sunshine when I lived with Colleen and her husband after they bought my house in Portland. Sunshine was a wonderful and incredibly sweet dog - I will miss her.

This brings us to today...

Friday - My flatmate made Pumpkin Pie this morning, so I am currently gobbling up the yummy piece that she gave me. Pumpkin Pie reminds me of holidays with my family and that makes me content. Since I'm planning to work most of the day/night today, I imagine things will continue their calm pace. Right now, calm is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home