Thursday, April 27, 2006

The TA tours the UK

I needed to give myself a few days to recover before I posted about the amazingly awesome once-in-a-lifetime experience of being with 30 friends from the TA over in the UK for 2 weeks. After much thought, I've come to the conclusion that it's really impossible to describe how warmly and generously we were welcomed by all the Sunderland supporters across the country, how Gary the Mackem (our host with the most in Seaham!) and his wife Jackie broke the mold in their unwavering organization and generosity, and how the hotel owners Ian and his wife bent over backwards to make sure the cider never stopped flowing and there was no need to leave the bar before the sun came up. The hospitality was unparralelled, and whenever the next time I have money comes around, you can bet a holiday in Seaham at the Harbourview Hotel will be at the top of my agenda.

I could gush about how insanely cool the 2 Sunderland matches were, but this has been well documented by one of the talented travelling TA reporters here.

As a good representation of the pure fun that was this trip, I'll leave you with a hilarious picture of me and Kurt participating in an American vs. British chugging line contest...the Brits kicked our butts...but their bars close at like 11 here, so they HAVE to drink fast. ;)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thanks to my lovely friend Audrey for taking this awesome picture...I hope you don't mind I snagged an e-copy and posted it here.

2 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger Audrey said...

I'm glad you like the photo. The expressions on everyone's faces are great.

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your entire blog today - I know productive day at work, eh? It seems like things are amazing for you and you are having a blast in the UK. I knew I should of ditched Tom and moved to Portland with you. Love you Princess

 

Post a Comment

<< Home