Monday, February 13, 2006

Happiness, and last minute dinners

I am so so so incredibly happy, my wonderful parents (most especially, my wonderful Bradad) have already acquired my plane tickets home for this coming winter holiday season. Knowing I'll be home for almost 3 weeks next winter makes me all giddy!! Wheeee!! :)

Thank you Bradad, I love you!!

In Oxford-related news, it looks like I've been signed up for a "guest dinner" in Lincoln's Hall tomorrow night. I hadn't planned on doing anything for V Day (I actually prefer "Sweetest Day," but that's another story), but the MCR (like the Lincoln graduate student body council) president asked me if I was going to go to the dinner, said I should, and said he would sign me up, so I gave in and agreed. This all happened during a conversation at a pub on Friday night. Consequently, amidst pints and chatter, I forgot to mention to him that I am a vegetarian. A quick note about being veggie at Oxford - they're totally veggie-friendly, but they like their veggies "declared." Thus, if you're planning to eat in-college at a meal or an event, they ask that you let them know your dietary requirements before you come. So, by not mentioning my veggieness on Friday, I forgot to "declare." Sigh. I tried to fix this in an email to Stuart today, but he had turned in the list late Friday night. Kindly, he offered to go in to talk to the kitchen tomorrow morning to see if they can be flexible for me. What a nice guy. Keep your fingers crossed, hopefully the kitchen will be benevolent.

3 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never heard of sweetest day but love the idea. It's on my calendar now, so thanks!
-Betsy

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Robin V. Chen - Yoga Teacher said...

Sweetest Day is totally on my calendar now too! Thanks for telling us about it, Tifferoo :)

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sneer vs. smirk. Does the difference relate to muscular development? To sneer, do you have to have a well-developed canine muscle? I can sneer, but gma cannot. Does this facility have anything to do with attraction between people? It may explain many things that are yet unknown.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home