Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Me, me, me, me, meme (redone)

Since my last me meme is now lost in cyberspace somewhere, I thought I would give it another go. In order to make it interesting for the people who had a chance to see the first one, I'm going to go with 5 new things you probably don't know about me...no promises on whether or not you'll find them as interesting as the first list. ;)

1) I was born in the wonderful (and now tragically damaged) city of New Orleans and lived there with my mom, natural father, and adorable puppy Shasta until I was two. From what I've been told, my natural father was descended from a "founding" family of French privateers (read: state-sanctioned pirates) who settled in Louisiana well before Lousiana was "purchased." According to "oral family tradition," at one point these ancestors owned almost half of the land in New Orleans, but their love of gambling and other vices promptly forced them to sell off most of their holdings (I guess a good pirate never is moderate in anything. ;))Over the years, I have developed romantic notions that this part of my geneology is filled with shady and devilishly handsome ancestors who swung about on sail rigging whilst singing "it's a pirates life for me," but in French, of course. To complete the picture, their female counterparts are all bewitching dark-haired cajun beauties full of mystery, intriguing secrets, and a variety of bejewled daggers deftly hidden in their bodices. I'm fairly sure most of the wild, dark, and intense parts to my personality stem from the pirate's blood coursing through my veins...or at least, that's what seeing Pirates of the Caribbean told me...

2) My blood type is A+...that's right, I'm bloody brilliant...:P

3) My most valuable posession is a Brown University teddy bear my grandfather gave me. He (the teddy) not only travelled to the UK with me, he travelled as my personal companion on every flight from Portland to London. The number of tears this teddy has caught and the huggles (just slam "hug" and "snuggle" together and you'll get it) he has received cannot be counted. My Brown University bear is truly irreplaceable, as is my grandfather.

4) If I could travel anywhere in the world (not to see anyone, but just to go see the place), I would fly immediately to Mumbai, India. My best friend in high school was East Indian-American and I was absolutely intrigued by her family's culture. Ok, so while I know Mumbai is the largest city in India and isn't really "real" India (just like "New York" ain't really "real" America), I think Mumbai is a good pick for a first time traveller to India.

5) Unlike most of my friends, I don't associate colors with numbers. However, I do associate my friends with colors. Here are some examples: Colleen is a swirling combination of orange and yellow, Jenn is white, and Robin is pink. :)

2 Comments:

At 4:23 PM, Blogger Robin V. Chen - Yoga Teacher said...

Awesome stuff! I love #2 :)

I saw the preview for the new Pirate of the Carribean movie last weekend. Looks yummy :)

 
At 5:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweetie, you should see my aura picture. i am swirling combination of orange and yellow, with a little fuschia thrown in for good measure. you're very intuitive!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home