Sunday, February 12, 2006

The sneer vs. the smirk

Something that has bugged me for awhile now is that I seem to lack the requisite facial muscle to sneer. Most of my friends can sneer like they are Billy Idol's long lost twin. However, when I try, I resemble someone who just drank a liter of lemon juice. In short: Billy Idol, I am not.

Still, my coolness factor hasn't been completely debased. I've recently discovered that while I may be sneering-challenged, I am a pro at smirking. So much so that I even have dimples when I smirk. These are both interesting revelations (at least to me). It was in the midst of admiring my newly uncovered rockin' facial expression in the mirror (replete with said dimples) where I decided there must be two kinds of people in this world - the sneerers and the smirkers. While these groups may overlap in the occasional talented individual, I have a feeling the groups are fairly distinct. I think it has something to do with dominant personality traits...the smirkers obviously having a more coy approach to life in general. Vive les smirkers!! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home