Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Case of the Disappearing Blogger

Well, I admit it, this initially diligent blogger disappeared.

To make amends for this, I thought I would lay before you the many and varied reasons behind my disappearance (and in doing so catch you up to speed on what's been happening for me over here).

1) For those possibly keeping track, we're now in 8th week of Hilary Term (or the final week of school before the break). Project deadlines began to loom about two weeks ago, and the pressure to finish the paper I've been working on has steadily mounted. Thankfully, I finished the first draft of this paper last Monday, and had a very positive meeting with my supervisor Monday evening where we reviewed his thoughts on my work. Now, I have until tomorrow evening to make the requisite revisions, complete my citations, and practice reading it, in preparation to present the paper at my core seminar this Thursday evening. I'm very excited about the presentation. It will be interesting to field questions on my topic from other students and professors in my field. Afterwards, the seminar conveners are taking a group of us out for wine and pizza and more discussion. Then,post-pizza a few of the other students and I are planning to celebrate the end of term by heading to a pub for continued chatter (but of the less scholastic kind). Thursday should be good times.

and...

2) On top of school work, I've started to have a steady social life over here. I've made real friends! Yay for me! I knew I could do it! So, I've been taking a few hours off of work every now and then to unwind and enjoy dinner and a movie, or discussions about life with some of the people I've begun to become closer with. Oxford has begun to be a really great place to hang out and relax with friends. That makes me very happy.

While other little things have cropped up now and then to distract me from writing my blog, the above two factors were by far the most affecting. However, now that the term is winding down, I should have a bit more time to describe the goings on in my life and mind. I promise to be more diligent going forward.

2 Comments:

At 2:34 AM, Blogger Lucas said...

Glad things are going well, Tiff. Friends = good. Do we get to meet your friends in April? Maybe get a group together and catch a U's match...?

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Robin V. Chen - Yoga Teacher said...

April can't come soon enough, girlie! We're gonna have soooo much fun.

(And I know I've got to get back to blogging too. I've been very busy and very negligent.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home