Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Highlights to help explain why I love football (soccer)

Edit: Amazingly, I have come across an even better highlights video for this match...check it out by clicking here

Last Sunday, I sat down to watch what turned out to be the most exciting football match I have ever seen - and I wasn't even at the match, so that should tell you something. The West Ham v Tottenham Hotspurs game was a harrowing 90-minute emotional rollercoaster ride. Both teams needed to win to achieve critical Club goals: West Ham faces relegation to a lower league based on poor performance, and Spurs need almost every possible point from the rest of this season in order to grab a top 4 place in the Premier League, which would see them finally qualifying next year to play in the european Champions League. For those who did not understand a word of what I just wrote, believe me, both situations are very very big deals to not only the club and players, but the fans as well.

This match encompassed all of the reasons why I love football...the sport is simply overflowing with skill, heart, class, and a whole lot of drama... to see highlights of how the match was so intense for both sides, and nothing short of miraculous for Spurs, please click here

PS - to help a bit, West Ham are in "claret and blue" (aka burgundy and blue) shirts and Spurs are in their "Lillywhite" (aka white) shirts.

2 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger Fool said...

Did you mention Spurs and skill in the same paragraph? Don't think it's been done before :P

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

Hi Partha...don't take out the end of your season on me. :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home