Monday, March 05, 2007

It's been awhile...

since I posted about the complexities of my little life. This term has often been difficult and I've been combating this by focusing on and relating mainly the positive things as they have come. That really does no good for anyone as it misrepresents my experience over here. Anyway, here are some of the more difficult things that I've been dealing with:

1) This term I was really ill for a few weeks. Before anyone worries, I am much much better now. The stupid thing is my becoming so ill was all my own fault. I have a fairly common disease called Polycystic ovarian syndrome and my symptoms are for the most part fairly superficial. Because I've had it for so long (since puberty basically) and have grown accustomed to the general inconveniences and occasionally more serious problems it can cause, I became overly complacent with going to the doctor and keeping on top of what was happening. That was simply obstinate stupidity because while most of my symptoms are "superficial" others are distinctly not superficial and if left unchecked can lead to the situation I was in earlier this term. I should have known better as there were clear signs that my symptoms were worsening, but hindsight is always 20/20. Anyway, the good news is that I've gone to the doctor and am getting things back on track. Unfortunately though, my being ill cut massively into my research this term, so I am quite behind where I had hoped to be.

2) My college has placed me on a "waiting list" for college accommodation next year, which is both freaking me out and pissing me off. While College holds a "ballot" for graduate rooms every year (people almost never have the same room they had the prior year), for the past several years everyone who wanted a room was guaranteed one. This year for some "unknown" reason there are not enough rooms for the interested grad students, so about 20 of us (including myself) are on the non-guaranteed wait-list. Great. Stay tuned, I may be having to live in a different College next year (even though I'll still be a "member" of this College). I swear, I'm so tired of some of the crap my College pulls.

Right, so now in positive news, I found out last night that my mother is organising a children's soccer camp this summer! Of course, this means my baby sister will definitely be learning how to play the beautiful game. Wonderful! :o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home