Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Februarys

Having lived through 28 Februarys, most of which I can remember, I've come to the conclusion that, generally, the month just isn't good for me. This probably has more to do with the month's compounded and prolonged lack of sunlight and chilly temperatures than any kind of inherent corruption. Regardless, the effect is the same: an unhappy Tiff. This is probably why Hilary Term (the one I'm in right now) seems always my most problematic academic period. All I want to do is drink tea and sleep with the covers over my head. Now, before you think I'm incredibly lazy - that's not actually what I do...but it's what I would do if I could get away with it. Anyway, goodbye dreary February and hello springy March!

4 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger Audrey said...

February is a hard month at this latitude (rumor has it that it's not nearly as bad if you head south, but I have yet to experience that myself).

I second the motion to stay home under a blanket drinking tea. We had weird mixed rain and snow this morning.

 
At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree with you about February. Maybe you're noticing the effects of S.A.D. That's why my folks moved to sunny AZ! Eat some chocolate and enjoy things that make you laugh as much as possible. That's how I'm getting through. Any more snow over there? We're poised for another little flurry over here. Hard to believe.

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Robin V. Chen - Yoga Teacher said...

Someone told me recently that February is "The Wednesday of the Year". I think that pretty much sums it up.

Pass me the tea and blankets.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

Thanks guys, it's comforting to know that Fenruary isn't just holding some kind of grudge against me.

Finn - all I can say is, thank god I had AAA Plus, and the late Finn (still miss him) to hug and keep me warm. Give Coop a hug for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home