Thursday, February 01, 2007

The crusading monastic

EDIT: If you want to take the test please click here

Today I came across this wonderful version of the Jungian personality test - you know, the one with the ISTPs, ENFPs, ISTJs, etc. It's called the Brutally Honest Personality Test, and it freaking ROCKS. I highly recommend you check it out, and I'd love to hear what your results are!

I have taken an "official" Jungian personality test before (actually a couple of times) and have always been deemed an INFP. However, since it had been a couple of years since the last test, I decided to go through the questions to make sure everything was still kosher. I'm pleased as punch to say that I remain steadfastly an INFP...which incidently makes me "Almost Perfect" (see below) and also a "Crusading Monastic."(click to see the link) I think both descriptions are spot on - and I'm loving the pictoral representation of INFPs below. So very very me.

Almost Perfect- INFP
40% Extraversion, 86% Intuition, 26% Thinking, 40% Judging

So, you want to make the world a better place? Too bad it's never gonna happen.

Of all the types, you have to be one of the hardest to find fault in. You have a selfless and caring nature. You're a good listener and someone who wants to avoid conflict. You genuinely desire to do good.

Of course, these all add up to an incredibly overpowered conscience which makes you feel guilty and responsible when anything goes wrong. Of course, it MUST be your fault EVERYTIME.

Though you're constantly on a mission to find the truth, you have no use for hard facts and logic, which is a source of great confusion for those of us with brains. Despite this, in a losing argument, you're not above spouting off inaccurate fact after fact in an effort to protect your precious values.

You're most probably a perfectionist, which in this case, is a bad thing. Any group work is destined to fail because of your incredibly high standards.

Disregard what I said before. You're just easy to find fault in as everyone else!

Luckily, you're generally very hard on yourself, meaning I don't need to waste my precious time insulting you. Instead, just find all your own faults and insult yourself.

*****************

If you want to learn more about your personality type in a slightly less negative way, check out this.

*****************

The other personality types are as follows...

Loner - Introverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving
Pushover - Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
Criminal - Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
Borefest - Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
Freak - Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging
Loser - Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving
Crackpot - Introverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging
Clown - Extraverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving
Sap - Extraverted Sensing Feeling Judging
Commander - Extraverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving
Do Gooder - Extraverted Sensing Thinking Judging
Scumbag - Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Perceiving
Busybody - Extraverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging
Prick - Extraverted iNtuitive Thinking Perceiving
Dictator - Extraverted iNtuitive Thinking Judging










5 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for providing these "alternative" personality descriptions. I've also always been an INFP, too, and it's nice to know that there is a good reason for our unique weirdness. Speaking of crusading, I was just the other night telling Greg how important it is for me to make sure I do the best I can in my life, to make sure I don't let me down when I'm up in heaven reviewing this little life, how I want to make a difference in the world, and blah-dee-blah. He just patted my hand and said "You're so cute." So at least we're cute and people like us even if they don't get us, right? Anyway, thanks for sending this, sweetie. :-)

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

"at least we're cute and people like us even if they don't get us, right?"

So true, darlin'...sigh-worthy and true. Considering INFPs are less than 1% of the world's population, I am eternally thankful for your friendship - at least we know we get each other. :-)

 
At 4:17 AM, Blogger Finnegan said...

Hey I wanna take the test but I can't figure out how from your links!

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Howie said...

So surprise result for me.
I'm just plain Boring,Boring
and more Boring. C'est la vie.
Thanks for the test.

 
At 2:52 AM, Blogger Finnegan said...

Oh my...wow...ummmm...

Scumbag- ENFP
80% Extraversion, 56% Intuition, 33% Thinking, 40% Judging
I have a feeling you're not going to like this much. Do I care? No. How do I know? It's because you hate criticism. You love to be loved and you'll do anything to be accepted.

Unfortunately for you, I can see right through your insincere compliments and over-the-top greetings. No matter what you do, I'll always hate you for what you are. An arrogant, unstable, overly enthusiastic scumbag.

I bet you're pretty proud of your accomplishments, huh? You seem to achieve at whatever you put your little mind too. Trust me. Nobody likes the person who is good at everything. NOBODY LIKES YOU.

This might also have something to do with the fact that you're a cheating machine. You're just not the type of person to make long-term commitments. You enjoy seeing "what could be", rather than being satisfied with "what is." This, of course, means you often leave others in the dust while you seek out another lover.

Well, at least you're not the one left in the dust.

Unfortunately, when you're the one lying in the gutter with a bloody knife in your back, you might think differently.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home