Friday, May 05, 2006

Home Opening Weekend

Today is the home opener for the 2006 Portland Timbers season. Where am I? Here. Where do I want to be? Here. (Where I used to be...front row all the way on the left, that's me.) SIGH. Green grass is hard to come by.

The pressure of having to finalize my transfer of status essays and forms, preparing for my formal viva examanation (short formal verbal defense of my research proposal), on top of dealing with all the various mundane bits and bobs of life hit me hard today. Knowing I will be missing not one, but two, brilliant games and the accompanying revelry makes going into this weekend quite sad. It's strange to occasionally live such a split life - where you know you are exactly where you should be, but a part of you really wants to be somewhere else. I know it's hard for some of my friends and family to understand my love of Portland, and especially my love of the Timbers. Honestly, it's just not something I can explain. One day when I take you to a game, you'll understand.

1 Comments:

At 11:22 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

Thanks, Kari. You're the best.

Portland boys, we are here...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home